Welcome to Be My Eyes!
Be My Eyes is a support community millions strong, available globally day or night, and has volunteers answering calls in more than 185 languages.
Whenever you need a pair of sharp eyes, Be My Eyes is a simple, free tool that connects you with a global community of volunteers and company representatives who are ready at a moment’s notice to lend their eyesight for everyday tasks. You can also send pictures to Be My AI, an artificial intelligence, and get the pictures described within a few seconds.
Free. Global. Unlimited and available 24/7
Sign up as a user to get free live video support from a sighted volunteer or image-to-text support from Be My AI with tasks like reading labels, matching clothes, troubleshooting technology, setting up home appliances, or any other simple task. If a task is too complicated or requires expertise, call one of our company partners for on-demand video customer support via Specialized Help.
How calling a volunteer works
- Anyone 17 or older may sign up as a blind or low-vision user or as a sighted volunteer.
- Calls are connected based on daytime timezone and language. The average wait time to get connected to a sighted volunteer is about 15 seconds.
- When a call is answered, a live one-way video (two-way audio) is initiated, allowing volunteers or company representatives to see what’s in front of the user’s camera and provide verbal support. Note: Specialized Help availability varies by region and company opening hours.
How Be My AI works
- Navigate to the Be My AI tab in the navigation bar just next to the Get Support tab.
- Tap “Take picture” to take a picture with the rear camera and Be My AI will describe it.
- If you want to ask follow-up questions to the initial description you can tap “Ask more” and you will enter a chat mode.
Be My AI is currently available on iOS. Download or open the Android app to register to the beta waitlist.
Download the app
Sign up in the Be My Eyes app
After downloading, launch the Be My Eyes app to sign up. The app will take you through a short 5-step registration process:
- Select to sign up as a blind or low-vision user.
- Choose whether you want to sign up with Facebook, Google or email. For iOS users, Apple ID sign up option is available as well.
- If you chose to sign up using your email, confirm your email address by clicking the verification link that is sent to your email.
- Select your primary language. When you make a call, you'll be connected to the first available volunteer, who speaks your primary language. You can always change your preference and add secondary languages in the app settings.
- Allow access to microphone, camera and notifications to be able to make video calls and send pictures to Be My AI.
You are now ready to get visual support.
Most Popular Uses for Be My Eyes
- Reading home appliances
- Reading product labels
- Matching outfits and identifying clothes
- Help in the kitchen
- Reading digital displays or computer screens
- Navigating TV or game menus
- Operating vending machines or kiosks
- Sorting music collections or other libraries
- Picking jewellery or crafts
You can call for on-demand video customer support from professionals at any of our well-known partner companies, without leaving the Be My Eyes app. Providers vary by region and language, but include household names in the following categories and more:
- Personal Health
- Beauty & Grooming
- Home & Cleaning
- Blindness Organizations
To see who are available to you please go to Specialized Help in the app. For more information on making a call to a Specialized Help provider, check out Calling a Specialized Help Company.