It's likely that you'll experience some technical issues when answering calls from blind and low-vision users. Some of the common issues that you can experience might actually have a very simple solution and can be solved while on the call. This is a guide to troubleshoot the most common technical issues.
Poor video quality
Poor video quality is most likely caused by a bad internet connection. You can start by making sure that your own internet connection is strong.
If you're confident that you have a strong internet connection, you can help the caller troubleshoot their connection. Start by asking if they're on a wi-fi or mobile internet connection.
- If on a mobile connection, ask them to switch to a wi-fi connection if possible
- If on wi-fi connection, ask them to check that their connection is working properly
If you're still experiencing poor video quality, try to ask the caller to move to a location where the internet connection might be stronger.
If the camera feed from the caller is completely dark it can be because of an unsolvable technical issue. However, it might also have one of these very simple solutions:
- The caller is blocking their camera with their finger - ask them to adjust their grip of the device
- The caller has a cover on their device that is blocking the camera - ask them to remove their cover
- The caller has no light on - ask them to turn on their lights or turn on their torch by clicking the flashlight icon
- The caller is holding the camera too close to an object - ask them to move the camera further away or back away a bit
If the call is missing audio, it's most likely caused by a technical issue with the call provider that can't be solved while on the call. However, it is possible that the lack of audio is caused by the caller having an external headset connected.
If you have no audio connection, it can be impossible to guide the caller through such a situation, but if possible guide the caller to check if they have a headset connected and to disconnect it if so.
Still not able to solve the issue?
If none of the above helped fix the technical issue, please disconnect the call and report the call in the call rating, so our tech team can look into the problem. If you need more information about how to report a technical issue, check out After-Call Steps.