Be My Eyes has hundreds of thousands of visually impaired users worldwide who could potentially benefit from this service, but to get the most out of this powerful software, a concerted marketing effort from your company is the most effective way to raise awareness about this incredible route for receiving support. On this page, you can find a variety of ways to market your Be My Eyes solution to your end-users.
Website contact pages
Work with your CS or CX team, along with any relevant user experience designers or webmasters, to ensure that a few simple but crucial lines are added anywhere customer support contact information is found.
- "Visually Impaired Users: Try video support through Be My Eyes."
- "Be My Eyes: visual support for customers who are blind or have low vision."
Your company may have a web page or pages dedicated specifically to accessibility information. Below are a short snippet and an extended version of Be My Eyes’ Specialized Help information that can be used on these pages, for use in the “accommodations” or “support” section of the page, as appropriate:
- Be My Eyes Specialized Help Support via live video is available through the Be My Eyes app.
- Be My Eyes Specialized Help Support via live video is available through the Be My Eyes app. Customers who are blind or have low vision can download the app, navigate to our Specialized Help profile and connect with a trained representative. Please refer to the app for operating hours and regional availability.
We recommend developing a social media strategy or campaign around the unique, high quality, customer support that you are now providing. Make sure to tag the official Be My Eyes pages:
- Facebook: @bemyeyesapp
- Twitter: @BeMyEyes
- Instagram: @bemyeyesapp
- Linkedin: Be My Eyes
- YouTube: Be My Eyes
The Be My Eyes story performs great on video, so why not produce some high-quality video content to share the story of the Be My Eyes partnership?
Check out some of the previous video campaigns we have done with our partners!
How Google and Microsoft partnered with Be My Eyes:
Clearblue and Be My Eyes partnership:
Implementing Be My Eyes in the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk:
Some Specialized Help providers have included Be My Eyes as a means of contact on their business cards. This is a great way for your accessibility or user experience team to remind people of your commitment to the visually impaired community and demonstrate receptiveness to feedback.
Conferences and events
Some partners have chosen to share about how they’re supporting customers via Be My Eyes at conferences and events. Our team is always thrilled to be involved with such promotions and available to provide materials, tools and on-call support for events and conferences.
Check out this event we did with Herbal Essences:
In professional networks and amongst staff
Spreading the word behind-the-scenes and to key influencers amongst colleagues can be a powerful way to mobilize both customers and allies in accessibility.
Example: Procter and Gamble’s Sumaira Latif publishes a LinkedIn article on the importance of accessible pregnancy tests, in support of the Be My Eyes + Clearblue partnership. Similar communications were circulated internally at P&G in support of a similar partnership with Herbal Essences.
It’s true: we love getting press! Our team is always happy to facilitate support for publications of all sizes who want to share stories about the importance of accessible support.
Here some things we can do to make your story come to life:
- Identify users who have benefitted from your services and contact them to be featured in a story.
- Set up a “closed network” between a designated caller and a designated agent to demonstrate the service’s capability for staged or pre-scheduled media or video shoots.
- Set up a high profile team member or executive at your company to receive Be My Eyes calls as part of a news story or content marketing.
- Provide quotes, interviews and insights from our founder, executive and development teams.
Share your story with the Be My Eyes Community
Be My Eyes has a wide variety of channels where we can share the story of your partnership with Be My Eyes. Don't hesitate to reach out to us to talk about featuring your company or organization on one of our channels:
- The Be My Eyes Podcast
- 13 Letters Podcast
- Community Stories
- Social media